Monday, May 10, 2010

Giant Jumanji Jungle sized mosquitos

I've had a fear of mosquitoes since I was about nine and was told that they gave people a disease called malaria, then people would die because of the malaria. But there hadn't been any mosquitoes around where I lived when I was younger. At least, I never saw any. In the past few years however, I started to see them often but they were mostly tiny. Then, this month I woke up to two of these huge mosquitoes on my screen door. I found three of the of them flying around my room within in two days. I have not run around and screamed so much in quite a while. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. That's a crane fly, not a mosquito.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up, now I'll be slightly less creeped out if I see one of these again.

    "Numerous other common names have been applied to the crane fly, many of them more or less regional, including mosquito hawk, mosquito wolf, mosquito eater (or skeeter eater), gallinipper, and gollywhopper."

    So, see I wasn't totally wrong...

    ReplyDelete