Tuesday, April 13, 2010

TV rots my brain and I love every minute of it

My cable got cut off because I forgot to pay the bill. I swear it hasn't been a full thirty days since the last time I paid the bill... At least I don't think so. Anyway, payday is still another seven days away. I've decided to try to read more in the mean time. I have a book that I've been halfway through for about a month, just sitting there waiting for me to pick it up again. I've planned to start reading it again but there is always something to watch on TV or at least a lot of channels to mindlessly flip through.
I figured without the distraction of my favorite shows I'd be just about done with the book by now. However, the internet is still working so.



It's a good book and do want to know what happens next but I really have to be in the mood to sit down and read. I haven't been lately. A few times I wished I had someone that would read the book to me. Which got me thinking about audiobooks. But I think audiobooks = lazy. I'm already very lazy and if I didn't even have to read for myself anymore... well, that would be stepping over a line that I don't think there is any coming back from.


Next thing you know, I'll have to higher a helper monkey to change the televsion channels with the remote control. That is, when I get the cable turned back on. Man, I miss my cable.

No comments:

Post a Comment